General application for employment at the Catholic Life Center in Baton Rouge can be accessed by clicking here; completed application, letter of interest and resume can be mailed to Human Resources at 1800 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70821 or emailed to
. Open teaching positions within the diocesan Catholic school system are generally made available through the diocesan Catholic Schools Office, telephone 225-336-8735, and by the individual Catholic school.
Catholic Life Center
Associate Director for Evangelization and Catechesis
General Statement of Duties
The office seeks to enlighten, empower, and enable the faithful to live, to the fullest, their baptismal call as the People of God. It provides assistance through a variety of means to assist the faithful in growth and development in the fields of faith formation and pastoral ministry.
The Associate Director assists the director and collaborates with the staff in providing vision, leadership, and advocacy for pastors as well as parish and school catechetical leaders in the religious education and formation of the children, youth, and adults in their parishes and schools. The Associate Director also assists with consultation and providing services to parish and school leadership, staff, and volunteers in the ministries of a culturally diverse Church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the General Directory and National Directory for Catechesis, while seeking innovative ways that reach all people.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or a related field required.
- A minimum of three years direct experience at the parish or diocesan level working with youth of all ages and adults, in administration, management, teaching and training.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Catholic teachings, in particular, the documents of the United States Catholic Bishops’ related to Catechesis and other documents on faith formation and their applications in ministry are required.
- Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic, in good standing, who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential; organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required; superior verbal, written, and presentation skills; and attention to detail a must.
- Strong background in technology with the knowledge and ability to demonstrate experience with Moodle, Blackboard, Adobe Connect, Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), and use of Social Media and Website as tools for formation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of: the Charter for the Protection of Young People, the ministerial outlook of the Second Vatican Council, diocesan structures, parishes and organizations required.
- Demonstrate experience in developing technological methods of communication and formation, developing and facilitating workshops, training events, presentations, and public speaking.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work independently, ability to exercise judgment and discretion in matters of significance and ability to collaborate with the offices of the Christian Formation Secretariat.
- Flexibility to work evenings and long hours when necessary and the ability to travel in one's own vehicle to various diocesan locations as required.
Application Deadline is April 6, 2015.