General application for employment at the Catholic Life Center in Baton Rouge can be made at 1800 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-1698, USA, during regular business hours. Open teaching positions within the diocesan Catholic school system are generally made available through the diocesan Catholic Schools Office, telephone 225-336-8735, and by the individual Catholic school.
- reports to the Director of the Office of Evangelization & Catechesisof the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge;
- seeks to foster within all young people and those who minister to them a deeper, life-giving relationship with Jesus and the Church;
- works with the Director to provide the vision and leadership necessary to serve parish youth and young adult ministry efforts in a culturally diverse church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the United States Catholic Bishops’ documents Renewing the Vision and Sons and Daughters of the Light, thus seeking to reflect the New Evangelization; and,
- directly responsible for the direction of all youth and young adult activity.
- Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or a related field required.
- Minimum of two years direct experience at the parish or diocesan level working with youth ministry programs, adolescents, young adults, and adults who minister to youth.
- National certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the United States Catholic Bishops’ document “Renewing the Vision” and pertinent documents and their application in ministry with young people in the United States is required.
- Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine.
- Ability to relate to the catechizing and evangelizing component of youth ministry in collaboration with the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion as required by diocesan policy and legal requirements.
- Ability to effectively recruit, train, and support the youth, young adults, adults who minister to young people, and parishes/schools of the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
- Ability to develop, plan, coordinate, and implement training programs to teach leadership skills.
- Ability to teach, facilitate online courses, and train others to facilitate online coursework.
- Technological, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Charter for the Protection of Young People.
- Large-scale event planning, record keeping/administration and attention to detail required.
- Requires working weekends and evenings regularly.