General application for employment at the Catholic Life Center in Baton Rouge can be made at 1800 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-1698, USA, during regular business hours. Open teaching positions within the diocesan Catholic school system are generally made available through the diocesan Catholic Schools Office, telephone 225-336-8735, and by the individual Catholic school.
- High School Graduate or equivalent; certification from Technical School preferred
- Minimum of two years related experience required
- General machine repair, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and planning skills
- HVAC experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain Generators
- Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders; operate lawn service equipment and small hand tools; and, must be willing to learn
- Ability to work within a team, work well with other employees and the general public, and, respect and support the Catholic identity of the diocese
- Ability to work flexible schedules that include evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift at least 70 lbs., work in hot, cold, or inclement weather and, work with cleaning and paint supplies, climb, work from a ladder, and work in some areas of height
- A pre-employment physical is required
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Safe Serve Louisiana Board of Health Certified.
- Five years restaurant or institutional food service experience required that includes knowledge of food handling, service, and sanitation.
- Business management/administration preferred.
- Client Services and Event Planning experience required.
- Excellent typing/word processing skills and working knowledge of various computer programs.
- General knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Strong working knowledge of proper food preparation/storage techniques, methods, and nutritional value.
- Ability to manage a commercial kitchen.
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment safely, maintain safe work environment, manage contract labor, and creatively establish an appropriate environment/décor.
- Skills must include calculating profit, loss, inventory, portion control and waste management.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Self-directed and able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and ability to manage projects and multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in all interactions with visitors, clients, guests, and employees.
- Must be a team player.
Catholic Charities Positions Opening
Full Time Adoption Social Worker position is available. The Domestic Adoption (DA) social worker is responsible for all aspects of domestic adoption services including, but not limited to conducting home studies, adoption preparation and training, pre & post placement services, as well as post adoption services including support and referral. In addition, community outreach and speaking engagements are part of responsibilities. Candidates must possess excellent clinical judgment and insight, have good time management skills and be able to work as part of a team. Candidates must be a Master’s Level Social Worker, LCSW preferred. Work experience in children and family services, preferably experience in adoption. Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be able to write clear, concise and accurate reports. Must possess and demonstrate skills in using multiple computer applications.