General application for employment at the Catholic Life Center in Baton Rouge can be made at 1800 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-1698, USA, during regular business hours. Open teaching positions within the diocesan Catholic school system are generally made available through the diocesan Catholic Schools Office, telephone 225-336-8735, and by the individual Catholic school.
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required.
- One-year experience in restaurant or institutional food service and the ability to use professional kitchen equipment is required.
- Wait experience and a general understanding of cooking techniques, food handling, service, and sanitation preferred.
- General knowledge of proper table service and food preparation/cooking/storage techniques.
- Ability to wait tables, safely operate kitchen equipment and maintain safe work environment.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.