General application for employment at the Catholic Life Center in Baton Rouge can be made at 1800 South Acadian Thruway, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-1698, USA, during regular business hours. Open teaching positions within the diocesan Catholic school system are generally made available through the diocesan Catholic Schools Office, telephone 225-336-8735, and by the individual Catholic school.
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Catholic Schools Office
The Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent, as a member of the Catholic Schools Office team, performs job duties to support schools in realizing the vision of Evangelizing Hearts, Educating Minds, and Embracing the Future through positive communication, promotion of effective curriculum and instruction, responsible coordination of resources, and acknowledgement of outstanding service and accomplishment. Members of the Catholic Schools Office staff collaborate with the bishop in his work of evangelizing, catechizing, leading worship and giving pastoral care to the people of the larger community, and support the parishes, schools and other organizations of the diocese in accomplishing their ministry.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinates scholarship programs (i.e., Adopt a Student, Black and Indian Missions Fund, Louisiana Governor’s Scholarship Program)
- Coordinates department reports (i.e., NCEA Databank Report, Diocesan Enrollment Reports, Required Services, Yearly and Preliminary Budgets)
- Coordinates events including Distinguished Graduates Dinner, Leadership Luncheon, Principals Meetings, and Principals Appreciation Luncheon
- Coordinates regular communication to various stakeholders (i.e., weekly principals bulletins)
- Serves as secretary to the Diocesan School Board, recording, transcribing minutes, and disseminating information and generally organizing the work of the board
- Manages the CSO Online Calendar, CSO website, and updates the Administrative Manual
- Office management, including filing, sorting mail, ordering of supplies, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Design programs for various events (i.e., Distinguished Graduates, Mother Seton Awards, Catholic Schools Week Mass, and the Catholic Educators Gathering)
- Manages required compliance filings, including Student and Exchange Visitor Program Certification and Temporary Teaching Assignments
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School graduate with a minimum of three years’ position related experience; business school or some college preferred.
- Excellent typing/word processing skills and proficient in various computer programs to include Microsoft Office Professional.
- Other Requirements
- Strong grammatical skills, attention to detail, and strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally and demonstrate a pleasant demeanor essential.
- Must be able to work within established guidelines to comply with recordkeeping/administration requirements.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain confidentiality in all transactions.
- Ability to exercise good organizational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and multiple priorities.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.